This year’s virtual celebration of International Quilting Day will be our best yet! Our collaborators include York Heritage Quilters Guild (Toronto) and Waterloo County Quilters’ Guild (Waterloo).
Please mark your calendar for Saturday, March 19, 2022. Festivities will begin at 9 am, Eastern Time and run throughout the day! Some of the events you can look forward to this year include:
- Schedule at a Glance [pdf updated March 7]
- Schedule and session descriptions [pdf]
- keynote speaker Meg Cox’s (megcox.com) presentation “Behind the Scenes at the Greatest Quilt Museum in the World”;
- Vendor Showcase Sessions - uploaded March 8
- a virtual quilt show featuring work from all three guilds’ members; and
- Door Prizes and Special Promotions - uploaded March 5
Registration is open. There is no cost for members of sponsoring guilds, but we still ask all to register. Guests are welcome to attend for a $20 fee.
- Visit rcqg.square.site
- Choose International Quilting Day
- Choose whether you are a member of a sponsoring guild or a non-member.
- Add to Cart and click the checkout button
- When you get to the checkout page:
- Review your cart to make sure you have the right number of IQD registrations in your cart;
- provide your email address so we can contact you with the Zoom link; and
- if desired, choose an express method of payment
- click the blue Place Order button.
- Tuck your order confirmation in a safe place so you can review it on the big day. Please check Junk, Spam and other mailbox folders for your confirmation email. If you do not receive an order confirmation, you did not complete the registration process. Please make sure to complete the process including a valid email address.
Registration will close at 5 pm Eastern Time on Friday, March 18 so we can prepare for the big event.
Would you like to make the International Sister Quilt Block?
Leslie Batt showed us how at last year's International Quilting Day! You can download her tutorial [pdf] and create your own International Sister quilt project!
Preparing for the Day
All attendees should ensure they have the latest Zoom updates installed and that they know how to navigate between breakout rooms.
Watch Lindsay's new tutorial including info on breakout rooms!