COMMUNITY OUTREACH PROGRAM
Notable Quilt Sizes for our Community Partners
Sexual Assault & Domestic Violence Treatment Centre
- Front Dimensions: 50″ to 54″ width by 60″ to 66″ length
- Backing & Batting Dimensions: 60″ width x 72″ length
- Binding Requirements: 2.5″ wide x 264″ length (or 7 strips 2.5″ wide by WOF)
- Preferred Material: Cotton and/or flannel
- We respectfully request that you refrain from the use of ‘religious’ themed fabrics or seasonal fabrics depicting a
religious event (e.g. Christmas). Novelty fabrics and all colour options are considered acceptable
- No ‘infant’/’baby’ themed fabrics please (babies under the age of 2) are not treated at this centre
- Child requirements: require only 10 – 12 quilts annually for children under the age of 12 each year (appropriately themed fabrics are permitted)
- Teen/Youth requirements: need keeps growing (40+ quilts/year) for young people aged 12 – 19 years. Gender bias exists with 80 – 85% female and 15 – 20% male, but latter is on increase. Clientele favour a wide range of colours, but have a preference for quilts with strong design elements (e.g. graphic patterns).
THANK-YOU for your PARTICIPATION – the donation of your time, materials and talents are essential to the success of our program each year.
YOU ARE MAKING AN INCREDIBLE DIFFERENCE IN SOMEONE’S LIFE!