The Royal City Quilters Guild 2018 show is quickly approaching. Let us showcase YOUR creativity! We know we have many amazing quilters in our guild and we hope to display work from as many of you as possible. As the 2018 Show will be held in September 2018, after the summer break, the registration timelines will be earlier than those used for previous shows. To help you get started, please review the “Rules for Entry” and “Categories for Quilts” outlined below.
RULES FOR ENTRIES
- We encourage all members to enter. We need approximately 175 – 200 quilt entries for our show. Due to space limitations at Puslinch Community Centre, we must limit the number of large quilts (those that would hang on the racks) to two per quilter. The registration form will also ask you to rank the quilts in the order you would like them hung. In the event that we receive too many entries in this size, we will use this ranking to choose your quilts. A large quilt is defined as a quilt over 54 inches in width, regardless of the category in which it is entered.
- There is no limitation on the number of quilts entered for any other size quilt.
- Quilts hung in a previous Royal City Quilters’ Guild are not eligible for entry in this show.
- All quilts will have adequate insurance coverage provided by the owner.
- All quilts will have a label with your name on it attached to them.
- All quilts will have an Inventory Sheet. These will be issued at a later date.
- All quilts should be submitted in bags by size: Bed quilts in one bag, Large Wall Hangings in one bag, Art Quilts in one bag, and Small Wall Hangings in one bag. Bags and Other entries should also be completely covered. Obviously, it will take one bag each for the larger quilts.
- All quilts will arrive in a cloth bag, not plastic or garbage bags. The bag should be clearly marked with your name and phone number.
- All quilts over 50 inches in width will have four-inch wide non-split sleeves.
- QUILTS OVER 50 INCHES WIDE WITHOUT SLEEVES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED FOR THE SHOW.
- Details regarding the drop off and pick up will be provided at a later date.
- Registration for all quilts will be completed online at the RCQG website starting in March 2018 until June 2018.
- Your quilt doesn’t have to be completed to register so don’t be shy and please register early.
- We will also be interested in the source of inspiration for your quilt and a paragraph about the inspiration behind your work (50 to 100 words).
We look forward to showcasing your work in our show. If you have any questions, please contact Joan Hett or Cheryl Cowan.